ACT Test Registration
Steps of ACT Test Registration
One of the vital aspects of the ACT test that you must know is the registration details. The test registration procedures are made easy by the test administrators, ACT, Inc, to help students register for the test in the easiest possible way. In here, we shall discuss these procedures more in detail.
When is ACT Administered?
Before registering for the examination, it is essential that you know the details about the test administration, dates and centers in order to plan your test according to your convenience. The ACT is administered six times a year and the test dates until the academic years 2014-2015 are out already. You may visit the following links to find the list of all the testing dates in order to plan your test date: http://www.actstudent.org/regist/dates.html.
Hence, you have plenty of time to plan your test if you are still in your sophomore or eleventh grade. Selecting the appropriate test center is also an important aspect of testing. You can visit the following link in order to find the test centers that administer the test in your locality: http://www.actstudent.org/regist/centers/.
How can you Register for ACT?
This can be done only through two modes. One can either register online or register by mail. Unlike many other competitive examinations, one cannot use other modes of registration like registering by phone etc. From among the available modes of registration, the official administrators of the test encourage students to go online for registering for the test for obvious reasons.
Registering for the test online is the fastest means of getting registered. We shall see the steps of online test registration as we progress. The reason that online registration is advised is that it is both safe and fast. Moreover, you can check whether the test center of your choice has enough vacancies or not instantly. At the same time, you can enter all your details, pay the fees and confirm your test center and location sitting right at your home.
Furthermore, after your application is accepted, you can print the hall-ticket sitting right at your home. However, if Internet is not available for you, then you will be left with only one option, registering by mail. Furthermore, students under 13 years of age should certainly register by mail since, as per the rules, they cannot register for the test online.
Steps for Registration
- First, you should visit: https://services.actstudent.org/OA_HTML/actibeCAcdLogin.jsp.
- On this page, you can see the tab 'Create Account'. If you are a new user, then you should first create account or else you may directly login to your dedicated ACT account by supplying the required credentials on this page.
- For creating an account, you shall have to supply your personal
information on the pages that follow. Then, your dedicated account will
be created. You can then register for the test, apply for a retake,
download and print your hall ticket, view your scores and request for
additional score reports using your dedicated ACT web account.
In order to register for the ACT by mail, you should follow the steps given below:
- First, visit the link: http://www.actstudent.org/forms/stud_req/.
- On this page, you shall find fields to be filled in by you. Your personal information along with your address needs to be supplied to the ACT, Inc so that they can send you a Register-by-Mail packet, which contains the necessary application forms and other instructions.
- After receiving it, you should fill in with the required data and send it back to the instructed address in order to register for the test.