ASVAB - Auto Information (AI)
The Auto Information (AI) sub-test is common to both the CAT ASVAB and the pencil and paper versions of the examination. The score of the Auto Information (AI)sub-test will not form a part of the AFQT or Armed Forces Qualification Test score.
- Pattern of the Auto Information question paper: Students appearing for the computerized version of the ASVAB have to solve 11 Auto Information (AI) questions in 7 minutes.
- The ASVAB is a computer adaptive examination, which means the difficulty level of the examination will increase or decrease, based on the answers you provide.
- Pencil and paper version of the Auto Information question paper: Candidates taking the pencil and paper version of the ASVAB have to solve 25 Auto Information (AI) questions in 11 minutes.
ExamFocus' Practice Support
The information mentioned above provides an insight into the nature of the sub-test. However, if you want to ace the examination, you must know the topics covered under the Auto Information (AI) sub-test. Ensure that you have practiced this section well before you decide to take the test. A perfect score can be achieved only if you practice and prepare well. Use ExamFocus' sample practice questions to get your skills sharpened.
Testing & Scoring Scheme
- The questions will be of multiple-choice type. You will be given four answer options for every question, from where you will need to select the right answer.
- The questions that you will find in this section will help in assessing your knowledge and understanding of systems used in automobiles, transmission, electrical systems and mechanics used in cars.
- A Standard Score will be given to the Auto Information (AI) subtest and this score will be used to calculate the Composite Scores, which are important because they will determine which job position will be most suitable for you.