ASVAB - Electronics Information (EI)
The Electronics Information (EI) sub-test is common to both the CAT ASVAB and the pencil and paper version of the examination. The score of the Electronics Information (EI) sub-test will not form a part of the AFQT or Armed Forces Qualification Test score.
- This subtest can be found both in the computer-based version of the exam and the pen and paper version. Of course, the number of questions will differ in both these versions.
- In the computerized version, you will find 16 questions and in the other version you will find 20 questions. The time given to complete all the questions in the Electronics Information (EI) section will also differ in both the exam versions.
- In the pen and paper version, you will have 9 minutes to complete the questions and in the computer-based version, the total time given to you will be 8 minutes.
ExamFocus' Practice Support
The information mentioned above provides an insight into the nature of the sub-test. However, if you want to ace the examination, you must know the topics covered under the Electronics Information (EI) sub-test. Ensure that you have practiced this section well before you decide to take the test. A perfect score can be achieved only if you practice and prepare well. Use ExamFocus' sample practice questions to get your skills sharpened.
Testing & Scoring Scheme
- The questions will be of multiple-choice type. You will be given four answer options for every question, from where you will need to select the right answer.
- The questions that you will find in this section will help in assessing your knowledge and understanding of electrical systems, electrical devices, electric circuits and electricity.
- A Standard Score will be given to the Electronics Information (EI) subtest and this score will be used to calculate the Composite Scores, which are important because they will determine which job position will be most suitable for you.