ASVAB - Mathematics Knowledge (MK)
The Mathematics Knowledge (MK) sub-test is common to both the CAT ASVAB and the pencil and paper versions of the examination. It is designed to evaluate your high school knowledge of Mathematics. The Mathematics Knowledge (MK) questions need to be answered carefully because the score of this subtest will form a part of the AFQT or Armed Forces Qualification Test score.
- An essential point to remember here is that students taking the CAT ASVAB will have to solve 16ASVAB Arithmetic Reasoning questions in 18 minutes.
- Students taking the pencil and paper version have to solve 25 such questions in 24 minutes.
- Roughly, we can consider that each question has to be solved in just a minute. So, it is quite important for you to be fast as well as accurate.
ExamFocus' Practice Support
The information mentioned above provides an insight into the nature of the sub-test. However, if you want to ace the examination, you must know the topics covered under the Mathematics Knowledge (MK) sub-test. Ensure that you have practiced this section well before you decide to take the test. A perfect score can be achieved only if you practice and prepare well. Use ExamFocus' sample practice questions to get your skills sharpened.
Testing & Scoring Scheme
- Briefly, the Mathematics Knowledge (MK) sub-test of the ASVAB covers Mathematical topics - basic concepts of mathematics and their applications.
- The score you receive for the Mathematics Knowledge (MK) sub-test is reported separately as an ASVAB Standard Score.
- Moreover, this score is also taken into account while calculating your percentile rank.