ASVAB - Mechanical Comprehension (MC)
CAT ASVAB: Candidates taking the computerized version of the ASVAB will have to solve 16 questions in this sub-test in 20 minutes. This format of the examination is a computer adaptive one.
Pencil and paper ASVAB: In this traditional format of ASVAB you will have to solve 25 Mechanical Comprehension (MC) questions in 19 minutes.
Question Modeling & Syllabi Brief
The following are the concepts from which you shall have to face questions in this sub-test:
- Type of questions that are asked in this sub-test of the ASVAB: The questions usually comprise of a diagram, a question framed on the diagram and a choice of four possible answers.
- Topics covered under the Mechanical Comprehension (MC) sub-test of ASVAB: Most of the questions that you will come across in this sub-test are based on preliminary principles of physics. The questions pertaining to the different types of lever, methods employed to reduce friction, maximization of efficiency etc.
- Basic concepts regarding the working of machines: Most military personnel have to get acquainted with the workings of various vehicles and it helps if you join with some prior concept of them.
How to Improve Your Skills
Survival skills are essential for any military personnel, because during service all military personnel have to face situations, which might be dangerous and life threatening. It has often been observed that Mechanical Comprehension (MC) comes in handy during such scenarios.
However, it is difficult to learn the set pattern of Mechanical Comprehension (MC), because the questions are quite unique and covering quite a few subjects
ExamFocus brings to you hundreds of Mechanical Comprehension (MC) practice questions that are designed to cover all the topics concerning ASVAB to help you increase your skills. On clicking the following five links, you shall go to the page that offers hundreds of sample questions for your practice.
- Mechanical Comprehension Practice Test 1
- Mechanical Comprehension Practice Test 2
- Mechanical Comprehension Practice Test 3
- Mechanical Comprehension Practice Test 4
- Mechanical Comprehension Practice Test 5