ASVAB Science and Technical
ASVAB - Word Knowledge (WK)
Word Knowledge is a section that will examine how good you are to find out the meanings of words by the usage of synonyms. All the questions will be in multiple-choice type format, with each question having four answer options.The Word Knowledge (WK) questions need to be answered carefully because the score of this subtest will form a part of the AFQT or Armed Forces Qualification Test score.
- If you will take the computer-based version of the ASVAB, you will find 16 questions here that you need to answer in 8 minutes.
- If you will take the pen and paper version, then you will find 35 questions that you have to answer in 11 minutes.
- You need to make sure that you are fast in answering these questions because you will not be given any extra time if you are unable to complete this subtest.
ExamFocus' Practice Support
The information mentioned above provides an insight into the nature of the sub-test. However, if you want to ace the examination, you must know the topics covered under the Word Knowledge (WK) sub-test. Ensure that you have practiced this section well before you decide to take the test. A perfect score can be achieved only if you practice and prepare well. Use ExamFocus' sample practice questions to get your skills sharpened.
Testing & Scoring Scheme
- WK is basically a vocabulary test where you will find that the questions are asked in two ways.
- Basically, the AFQT score is very important because it will help in determining whether you qualify for enlistment or not. If you get a low score, you may not be able to qualify to join the U.S Armed Forces.