SAT Test Registration
Steps for SAT Registration
If you think that all you need to do to ace the SAT, is to prepare well for it, then you are not entirely correct. You also need to complete yourregistration at the earliest, to ensure that you get a seat on the test date and in the center that you have selected. So you can see that registration is of paramount importance. For your convenience, the important steps that you need to take in order to register for SAT have been discussed in the following sections of the article. Each section consists of a particular number of steps.
Decisions that You Need to Take Before Registering
1. Selecting a Test Date
The first step that you ought to take towards registering for the SAT is to decide on a test date. The points to be taken into account while doing so are as follows:
- Select a test date that gives you sufficient time to prepare for the SAT.
- Your test date will also decide whether you are going to join college for a spring or a fall session. Ensure that, you select a date that provides enough buffer time for your scores to reach the colleges before the admissions deadlines.
- The test dates for candidates taking the SAT from the USA or its territories are different from international students. So, while selecting the test date check the details provided in the website carefully. The following two links will help you choose your test date:
2. Selecting a SAT Testing Center
The second step towards registration is the selection of a convenient test center. Some points that you should consider while doing so are as follows:
- If possible, select a center near your residence, so that you do not have to travel a lot on the day of the test.
- Selection of a test center will also depend on the type of SAT that you are taking. In other words, the testing centers might differ depending on whether you are taking the general SAT or the SAT subject tests.
- Ensure that the center you select holds the examination on the test date that you have chosen. This is essential, because all centers do not hold the SAT for all the test dates.
To select a convenient test center, click on the following link:http://sat.collegeboard.org/register/sat-code-search
The third step that you must take, before you actually begin the registration process, is to select the institutes where you want to send your scores.
Some Links to Help You Register
3. Choosing the Colleges
The third step is about availing a facility provided by the
Collegeboard. In the registration form itself, you are required to
select 4 institutes, to which the Collegeboard will send your scores,
directly. Choose the colleges after you have gathered all the
information about their minimum score requirements. Then depending on
your preparation, you can try to predict your SAT scores. Based on
these two things, you can understand which colleges will consider your
admission application, favorably. If you require more information on
this then click on the following link:
http://sat.collegeboard.org/register/sat-score-choice The final step would be to register for the examination.
4. Registering for the SAT
The fourth and final step would be to register for the test. For the convenience of students, Collegeboard allows them to register by any of the following methods:
- Online registration: If you want to register online, then
you have to create an online account and fill up the registration form.
You can pay the registration fees through a valid credit or debit card.
This is the most preferred method, because there is no waiting period
between registering and confirmation of registration. If you want to
register online then click on the following link:
- Registering over phone: This is applicable only for candidates who have registered earlier. In other words, if you already have a profile, because you have taken the SAT earlier, then only can you register over phone.
- Register through mail: If you are below 13 years or your country does not have online registration facility, then you can register by mail.
Completion of Registration
As is evident from the article, you need to do some homework before you initiate the registration process. Otherwise, you will get confused during the registration process. You should register for the examination as early as possible. This will not only reduce the stress related to the examination, but also give you an idea, as to how much time you have to complete your SAT registration. Once, you have done your homework, you will see that the registration is completed without a hitch.