The Paragraph Comprehension (PC) questions for ASVAB will evaluate not only your knowledge of the English language, but also your critical and analytical skills. It also analyzes how well you can draw the correct conclusions based on the limited amount of information provided in a paragraph.
- The students taking the CAT ASVAB will have to solve 11 Paragraph Comprehension questions in 22 minutes,
- The Paragraph Comprehension questions are multiple-choice ones. You get 2 minutes to solve each question and hence, you should be fast in answering the questions.
ExamFocus’ Practice Support
The information mentioned above provides an insight into the nature of the sub-test. However, if you want to ace the examination, you must know the topics covered under the Paragraph Comprehension (PC) sub-test. Ensure that you have practiced this section well before you decide to take the test. A perfect score can be achieved only if you practice and prepare well. Use ExamFocus’ sample practice questions to get your skills sharpened.
Testing & Scoring Scheme
- The pattern of questions that are asked in this sub-test include questions referring to particular information given in the paragraph, Deductive questions, Aim of the paragraph and Vocabulary questions.
- A Standard Score will be given to the Paragraph Comprehension (PC) subtest and this score will be used to calculate the Composite Scores.
- The questions need to be answered carefully because the score of this subtest will form a part of the AFQT or Armed Forces Qualification Test score.
Students appearing for the computerized version of the ASVAB have to solve 11 Paragraph Comprehension (PC) questions in 22 minutes. The ASVAB is a computer adaptive examination, which means the difficulty level of the questions will increase or decrease, based on the answers you provide.Candidates taking the pencil and paper version of the ASVAB have to solve 15 Paragraph Comprehension (PC) questions in 13 minutes.
Question Modeling & Syllabi Brief
The following are the four concepts from which you shall have to face questions in this sub-test:
- Question referring to particular information given in the paragraph
- Deductive questions
- Aim of the paragraph
- Vocabulary questions
How to Improve Your Skills
Study well and solve as many questions as possible, because that alone will help you develop an eye for detail, thereby increasing your efficiency.ExamFocus brings to you hundreds of Paragraph Comprehension (PC) practice questions that are designed to cover all the topics concerning ASVAB to help you increase your skills. On clicking the following five links, you shall go to the page that offers hundreds of sample questions for your practice.