Steps Involved in GRE Test Registration
The registration process for most examinations involves a number of steps where you have to provide a number of details about yourself. The GRE test registration is no different and it can prove to be a daunting task if you are less informed about it. However, you can alleviate your problems by doing certain amount of research and preparation. This will ensure that when you finally start the registration process, the entire thing is completed without a hitch. Some features of the GRE registration process have been discussed in the following section of the article.Nuances of GRE RegistrationThe registration process for GRE also involves certain number of decisions on your part. For example, before you begin the registration process, you should Select The GRE Test Center and test date. Moreover, you should also ensure that the center and the date correspond with one another. If you do not have these things prepared then the registration process will become unnecessarily confusing.Test registration for the GRE takes quite some time. Hence, you should begin registering for the examination with time in hand. If you do it hastily, you might end up providing wrong details, which might even result in the rejection of your registration application. Thus, to help you with the test registration, the steps that you should follow have been discussed in the following section of the article.Steps to be Followed While Registering for GRETest aspirants should prefer to complete the test registration for GRE as early as possible. This ensures that they do not have to worry about being late for the test and also provides an impetus to prepare for the GRE itself. The steps to be followed while registering for the test have been listed below:
- Step 1: Preparation for the registration process involves certain amount of prior preparation. You will have to decide on a few things before hand, which are as follows:
- Choosing a test date
- Choosing a test center
- Choosing the institutes where ETS will send your GRE score directly
- Step 2: The second step involves filling the form further. The test registration can be done online, through phone or by mail. Select the process that is most comfortable for you. Registering online is usually the most preferred method, because the status of your registration application will be available immediately. If you want to register online then click on the following link:
- Once you have logged into the website you will have to create your profile. This profile will be active even after you have taken the examination so that you can access the score that you have received.
- Step 3: The third step involves providing your personal information. Once you have filled in your name and personal data, you will have to provide your preferred test date and test center. You will also need to have a valid identity proof with you during the test registration process . You will have to produce the identity proof even on the day of the test and this is especially important for those candidates who are registering for the test online.
- Step 4: The fourth step involves providing certain data like which year of college you are currently in, the score that you have received in graduation, reasons as to why you are taking the examination etc.
- Step 5: After you have made your profile, you will have to pay the registration fees. The registration fees can be paid though credit card or check. Cash payment is not accepted. Hence, you should have a valid credit card with you while registering for the examination. If you want to know the fees of the examination then click on the following link:
- Step 6: If you are registering through mail or by phone, you will have to fill in the registration form by hand. Unlike the online method, here you will have to wait for the arrival of your admit card. Hence, if you are registering over phone or by mail, ensure that you have sufficient buffer time between sending your registration form, receiving your admit card and the test date.
- Step 7: If you require any special facilities (disability accommodations) then ensure that you have mentioned it to the authorities concerned. This is usually asked at the end of the form. Also ensure that the testing center that you have chosen provides those facilities.
The above-mentioned list provides the steps, as well as, the requirements for following these steps while registering for GRE. Nevertheless, you should remember to complete registering for the test at the earliest.Completing the Registration ProcessFollow the directions provided in the above section carefully, and accordingly complete the registration for the examination. Read the directions properly so that there are no mistakes made while filling the registration form. Moreover, you should complete the registration process as early, in order to avoid any problems that might arise due to late registration. So take time out of your schedule and register of the test as early as possible!