The Essay part of the SAT Writing section is one of the two question types. Out of the 50 questions that include two different question types, you shall have to attempt one essay, the other questions being Multiple Choice type.
Question Modeling and Answering Strategies
Writing a good SAT essay begins with understanding the topic given. Once you have understood the topic, you can begin writing the composition. Remember, you will get only 25 minutes to complete your piece of writing. While writing you must ensure that you have taken the following points into consideration:
- The composition should be coherent and evocative. You should stick to the point and not digress from it.
- The piece of writing should not be long. If you write an essay that is too long then the reader will lose interest and you will not get good scores.
- The argument that you provide should support the stance that you have taken in the essay. The argument should be such that it naturally results in the inference that you are trying to draw.
- Develop your ideas using logic, common sense and well-known facts. If you are trying something innovative, then ensure that it is precise, and does not become a rambling one.
How to Improve Your Skills
Extensive reading gives you quality knowledge of the English language. Practice, apparently is the most important mandate that you have to follow in order to succeed in competitive examinations as this.ExamFocus brings to you hundreds of essay writing samples that help you increase your skills over a wide range of essay topics. On clicking the following five links, you shall go to the page that offers hundreds of sample questions for your practice.
- SAT Issue Essay Practice Test 1
- SAT Issue Essay Practice Test 2
- SAT Issue Essay Practice Test 3
- SAT Issue Essay Practice Test 4
- SAT Issue Essay Practice Test 5
- SAT Issue Essay Practice Test 6
- SAT Issue Essay Practice Test 7
- SAT Issue Essay Practice Test 8
- SAT Issue Essay Practice Test 9
- SAT Issue Essay Practice Test 10