TEAS Test Information
Everything You Need to Know about TEAS
The Test of Essential Academic Skills or the TEAS test is an examination that is taken by those students who wish to pursue a nursing course. If you are interested in becoming a nurse, then this is one test that you are required to take before you are granted admission into the college of your preference. As with other exams that are offered, this test is not easy but if you are well prepared for the same then there is no reason why you cannot obtain a high score. It is necessary that you understand the examination well so that you can study for the same in the most effective manner. It is for this reason that you should look forinformation and read about TEAS so that you will know what it is and what you can expect in the test.
Things to Know about the TEAS Test
Given below are some of the points that you need to keep in mind if you want to learn more about the test:
- This test has been created by the ATI or the Assessment Technologies Institute and it is also managed by the same. With the use of the result of this exam, it is possible for you to find out whether you have the skills that are required to complete a nursing program or course that you have in mind.
- This is a test that is considered to be a kind of determinant that will help the nursing school decide whether you should be given admission for a nursing program that you wish to pursue or not. If your score is low, then you can be denied admission. This is the reason why you need to prepare yourself in the most effective manner and score as high as you can.
- There are four sections that are found in this exam and you need to know what they are. The four subject areas are Language Usage, Science, Mathematics and Reading.
- You will find that there are 170 questions in the exam and you will have to complete the test in 209 minutes. You have to ensure that you are fast when you are taking the test so that you can finish the same on time. However, make sure that you are answering the questions correctly. Do not make mistakes when you are in a hurry. Double check your answers to be on the safe side.
- The questions that you will find in the examination will be in the form of multiple-choice questions. Each question will have four answer options from where you need to select one option that you believe is the right answer. This is an importantpiece of information that you need to keep in mind because you should know what the format of the exam is going to be like.
- One very important point that you need to keep in mind is that there is no passing score for this test. You can neither pass nor fail the exam. On the other hand, it is important for you to make sure that you find out what the minimum score requirement if the nursing program that you have in mind is so that you can prepare yourself to obtain more than this score.
- You can register for the exam by registering for the same online, giving a call to the ATI, get in touch with the nursing school that you wish to join or you can look for the TEAS locations online by carrying out a little research.
- You can visit the official website of the exam by clicking on this link: https://www.atitesting.com/solutions/prenursingschool/teas.aspx.
Simply finding out about the TEAS is not enough because you need to make sure that you have the relevant study materials to help you prepare for the test. There are practice tests that you can consider taking online to help you determine how well prepared you are for the exam and how much time you take to finish all the sections.