MCAT Test Registration
MCAT Test Registration Options
The MCAT or the Medical College Admissions Test is a common standardized test that is taken by applicants who are seeking admission to medical schools in United States and Canada. The exam is conducted on several dates in test centers around the world starting from January till September each year. Unlike for other admissions tests,registration for MCAT can only be done online. Exam authorities have aimed to make this exam experience as comfortable as possible for all types of candidates and thus, they provide special accommodation facilities and Fee Assistance Programs as well.
- To start the process, all candidates need to visit the official website (https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/) of the exam. When you click on the 'Register for the MCAT exam' tab, you will be transported to the MCAT Registration Module website.
- If you haven't already created an account, you will be asked to sign up for one by providing your personal details such as your name, address, phone number, etc. Once you have created an account, sign into it.
- The homepage will contain your name and the test date you have registered for, if any. When you begin, what will follow is a very detailed electronic form which will ask you to submit all your details.
- The first part of the form concerns 'Contact and Personal Info'. Make sure that you are completely truthful while providing your personal details. You must also be careful that the spellings of your name match those on the identification document you plan to carry. If there is any variance, you will not be allowed to enter the test centre.
- This is followed by 'Background' where you are asked to provide details about your education. This section of the form is used by MCAT for research purposes. Next is the 'Consents' tab which asks you why you want to take the MCAT. The 'Consents' tab helps in determining whether you are eligible to give the exam or not.
- Now we move on to the 'Use of Personal Info' tab where you have to agree that whatever information you have provided may be used by MCAT for identification on test day, investigation regarding misconduct etc.
- Now, you can finally proceed to selecting your test date and centre in the 'Date/Test Site Availability' tab.
- The 'Checkout' tab is the final tab where your payment is processed. Please note that your registration is not complete until the payment is processed. After the payment has been processed, an email will be sent to you to confirm your registration.
The fee for MCAT registration is $270 if you apply well within the regular registration deadline which ends 14 days before the date of the exam. For international students, there is an additional charge of $85. For late registration, which can be done up till a week before the test, you have to pay a fee of $75 in addition to $270. If a candidate has gotten a Fee Assistance award, he will be charged only $100. All figures mentioned here are given keeping in mind the 2013 attempt and are in US dollars.
Fee Assistance Program
AAMC tried its best to encourage students from financially weak backgrounds to pursue a career in medicine. Thus, it has put in place a Fee Assistance Program wherein such students (only U.S. residents) can apply for a fee waiver. If a student wants to avail this benefit, he will have to apply for such award prior to registering for the test, and then only can he enjoy this benefit.
Accommodation for Students with Disabilities
If a student feels that he requires special accommodation for
testing, he is required to submit such a request at least 60 days prior
to his chosen test date. Special accommodations include anything that
is a deviation from normal testing environment. This includes the mere
carrying of a water bottle to the exam room and extends up till been
provided with a separate room for the exam. You can find the special
accommodations form here - https://www.aamc.org/students/download/85268/data/accommodations_request_form.pdf.
Post the complete form along with the required proof of your disability
to the address printed on the form. For more detailed information
regarding this, please visit https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/accommodations/.
Any other information regarding registration can be found at their official website.