PSAT Critical Reading
The Critical Reading questions are one of the two question types of the PSAT Critical Reading section. Out of the 48 questions that include two different question types, 35 questions are passage-based questions based on Critical Reading of the given passages; the others being Sentence Completion.
- The Critical Reading questions, present to you a passage, reading which, you should attempt the questions that follow.
- In a way, this is the only section that does not virtually have any prescribed syllabus. The questions might be asked on any random topic from general studies. You shall have to be well prepared in order to score well in such a situation.
- This section does not test the magnitude of your preparation; instead, it tests its quality. You should develop tact and logic in order to answer the questions of this section confidently.
How to Improve Your Skills
As applicable for all the sections of the PSAT, answering each question of the PSAT Critical Reading section fetches you one point. An omitted answer does not carry any negative score whereas an incorrect answer will attract one fourth point as a negative score.
ExamFocus brings to you hundreds of Critical Reading practice questions that are designed to cover a wide range of topics concerning PSAT to help you increase your skills throughout. On clicking the following five links, you shall go to the page that offers hundreds of sample questions for your practice.
- PSAT Critical Reading Practice Test 1
- PSAT Critical Reading Practice Test 2
- PSAT Critical Reading Practice Test 3
- PSAT Critical Reading Practice Test 4
- PSAT Critical Reading Practice Test 5