PSAT Critical Reading - Sentence Completions
The Sentence Completion questions are one of the two question types of the PSAT Critical Reading section. Out of the 48 questions that include two different question types, 13 questions are Sentence Completion questions; the others being Critical Reading.
- Sentence Completion questions basically test your vocabulary.
- You should be well-versed with vocabulary as well as sentence structuring in order to do well in this particular part of the test.
- Each question of this type presents you with a sentence that will contain one or more blanks, which must be filled in by you.
- Following each question, there will be given five answer options for you to select from.
- From these answer options, you should be selecting one answer option that is correct, in order to be awarded one point.
How to Improve Your Skills
Each question attempted incorrectly will attract a negative marking of one fourth of a point. Hence, if you are not sure of the answer to a question, then you better skip it.
Furthermore, apart from single blank sentence questions, you shall also have to face questions that contain two blanks. In such a case, you should be more cautious while selecting the answer since you would have to select the option that contains both correct answers.
ExamFocus brings to you hundreds of Sentence Completion practice questions that are designed to cover all the topics concerning PSAT to help you increase your skills throughout. On clicking the following five links, you shall get to the page that offers hundreds of sample questions for your practice.
- PSAT Critical Reading Sentence Completion Practice Test 1
- PSAT Critical Reading Sentence Completion Practice Test 2
- PSAT Critical Reading Sentence Completion Practice Test 3
- PSAT Critical Reading Sentence Completion Practice Test 4
- PSAT Critical Reading Sentence Completion Practice Test 5