The Auto Information (AI) sub-test is common to both the CAT ASVAB and the pencil and paper versions of the examination. The score of the Auto Information (AI)sub-test will not form a part of the AFQT or Armed Forces Qualification Test score.
- Pattern of the Auto Information question paper: Students appearing for the computerized version of the ASVAB have to solve 11 Auto Information (AI) questions in 7 minutes.
- The ASVAB is a computer adaptive examination, which means the difficulty level of the examination will increase or decrease, based on the answers you provide.
- Pencil and paper version of the Auto Information question paper: Candidates taking the pencil and paper version of the ASVAB have to solve 25 Auto Information (AI) questions in 11 minutes.
ExamFocus’ Practice Support
The information mentioned above provides an insight into the nature of the sub-test. However, if you want to ace the examination, you must know the topics covered under the Auto Information (AI) sub-test. Ensure that you have practiced this section well before you decide to take the test. A perfect score can be achieved only if you practice and prepare well. Use ExamFocus’ sample practice questions to get your skills sharpened.
Testing & Scoring Scheme
- The questions will be of multiple-choice type. You will be given four answer options for every question, from where you will need to select the right answer.
- The questions that you will find in this section will help in assessing your knowledge and understanding of systems used in automobiles, transmission, electrical systems and mechanics used in cars.
- A Standard Score will be given to the Auto Information (AI) subtest and this score will be used to calculate the Composite Scores, which are important because they will determine which job position will be most suitable for you.
Students appearing for the computerized version of the ASVAB have to solve 11 Auto Information (AI) questions in 7 minutes.Candidates taking the pencil and paper version of the ASVAB have to solve 25 questions in 11 minutes. However, the paper and pencil version of the ASVAB information paper comes with Auto and Shop sub-tests combined together.
Question Modeling & Syllabi Brief
The following are the four concepts from which you shall have to face questions in this sub-test:
- Systems used in automobiles: These questions will expect you to have thorough knowledge of the workings of different automobiles.
- Transmission questions: These questions will evaluate your knowledge of the conversion of power within an engine, which helps the automobile move.
- Electrical system: All automobiles have, within their engine, some form of an electric circuit. These questions will examine your knowledge of these circuits.
- Mechanics used in cars: Automobiles consist of a number of parts and these questions will be based on them.
How to Improve Your Skills
The Auto Information (AI) sub-test of the ASVAB examination aims to test the ability to mend an automobile or build a trench or a temporary shelter as required by any successful military person. For example, a military vehicle may break down in a remote area where there is no possibility of finding a mechanic. In such a scenario, you will have to repair the vehicle on your own and for that you must know the basic workings of an automobile.ExamFocus brings to you hundreds of Auto Information (AI) practice questions that are designed to cover all the topics concerning ASVAB to help you increase your skills. On clicking the following five links, you shall go to the page that offers hundreds of sample questions for your practice.