ASVAB - Arithmetic Reasoning (AR)
Students taking the CAT ASVAB will have to solve 16 Arithmetic Reasoning questions in 39 minutes, while those appearing for the pencil and paper version have to solve 30 such questions in 36 minutes.
Question Modeling & Syllabi Brief
The following are the concepts from which you shall have to face questions in this sub-test:
- Basic concepts of Arithmetic: These problems will require you to use preliminary concepts of Arithmetic like addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
- Concepts of percentages: These problems will require you to use your knowledge of percentages, cost price, sale price, discount etc.
- Ratio and proportion: The ratio and proportion questions under Arithmetic Reasoning can be solved by using simple formulas.
- Questions on interest: The questions on simple and compound interest will require you to apply various formulas that you have studied as a part of your high school curriculum.
- Numbers: These particular questions will examine your knowledge of whole numbers, real numbers, fractions, decimals and imaginary numbers. These questions will also evaluate your knowledge of certain basic Arithmetic formulas.
How to Improve Your Skills
No branch of Mathematics can be mastered without proper practice and the Arithmetic Reasoning sub-test, of the ASVAB examination, is no exception to this rule. This article provides the topics and some sample questions, but preparing for the examination depends entirely on you. So, work hard and solve as many Arithmetic problems as you can in order to ensure good results.
ExamFocus brings to you hundreds of Arithmetic Reasoning (AR) practice questions that are designed to cover all the topics concerning the test to help you improve upon your skills. On clicking the following five links, you shall go to the page that offers hundreds of sample questions for your practice.
- Arithmetic Reasoning Practice Test 1
- Arithmetic Reasoning Practice Test 2
- Arithmetic Reasoning Practice Test 3
- Arithmetic Reasoning Practice Test 4
- Arithmetic Reasoning Practice Test 5