ASVAB - Word Knowledge (WK)
In the Word Knowledge (WK) test of the ASVAB, you will find 16 questions, if you are taking the computer based version, and the total time within which you need to complete these questions is 8 minutes. If you take the pen and paper version, then you will find 35 questions that you will need to answer in 11 minutes.
Question Modeling & Syllabi Brief
The following are the concepts from which you shall have to face questions in this sub-test:
- WK is basically a vocabulary test where you will find that the Word Knowledge (WK) questions are asked in two ways.
- The first kind is in the form of synonyms, where you will see a word and you will need to pick the closest meaning of it from the options given to you.
- In the second type, you will be given a sentence with a word that is underlined and four answer options for replacement.
- You will need to choose an option whose meaning is closest to the word underlined.
How to Improve Your Skills
Practice is the key when it comes to scoring high in the exam. You should take out some time every day and work on sample Word Knowledge (WK) questions so that you can prepare for the test effectively. You will need to improve your vocabulary and the best way to do this is to be a keen reader.
ExamFocus brings to you hundreds of Word Knowledge (WK) practice questions that are designed to cover all the topics concerning ASVAB to help you increase your skills. On clicking the following five links, you shall go to the page that offers hundreds of sample questions for your practice.
- Word Knowledge Practice Test 1
- Word Knowledge Practice Test 2
- Word Knowledge Practice Test 3
- Word Knowledge Practice Test 4
- Word Knowledge Practice Test 5