PSAT Writing Skills - Identifying Sentence Errors
The Identifying Sentence Errors questions are one of the three question types of the PSAT Writing Skills section. Out of the 39 questions that include three different question types, 14 questions are Identifying Sentence Errors questions; the other two question types being the Improving Sentences and Improving Paragraphs.
- The Identifying Sentence Errors questions, as the name clearly suggests, require you to identify errors in a given sentence.
- Each question of this kind presents to you a sentence that will have some words or phrases underlined.
- In all, there would be a total of five underlined words or phrases, which will be marked with A, B, C, D and E below the underline.
- These five underlined words or phrases are themselves the answer options to the questions.
- Hence, you should select the one underlined option containing error and mark it as the answer on your answer sheet.
How to Improve Your Skills
You should note here that you need not provide any modification or correction to the error in the sentence; instead, you shall have to just mark the one underlined phrase that consists of an error.
For this reason, Identifying Sentence Errors questions are considered easy when compared to the other question types of this particular section. However, if you are not competent enough in English language usage, then these questions would also seem difficult to you.
ExamFocus brings to you hundreds of practice questions that are designed to cover all the topics concerning PSAT to help you increase your skills throughout. By clicking the following five links, you shall get to the page that offers hundreds of sample questions for your practice.
- PSAT Writing Skills Identifying Sentence Errors Practice Test 1
- PSAT Writing Skills Identifying Sentence Errors Practice Test 2
- PSAT Writing Skills Identifying Sentence Errors Practice Test 3
- PSAT Writing Skills Identifying Sentence Errors Practice Test 4
- PSAT Writing Skills Identifying Sentence Errors Practice Test 5